As part of the educational program at RDLS, we provide field trips that enrich the learning experiences of students. Every grade level goes to Wood Lake Nature Center twice a year. In addition, we offer the following field trips:
- Kindergarten students: Afton Apple Orchard, Children's Theatre Company, MN History Museum, The Works
- First grade: Afton Apple Orchard, Children's Theatre Company
- Second graded: Children's Theatre Company, MN Landscape Arboretum
- Third grade: Minneapolis Institute of Art, Children's Theatre Company
- Fourth grade: Bakken Museum, Richfield Ice Arena
- Fifth grade: Big River Journey, Mainstreet Village, Base Camp
At the beginning of the year, parents/guardians sign a field trip permission slip that allows students to attend school field trips. Families will be notified when their child’s class is planning a field trip. Only students of the class involved, the teacher and adult chaperones are eligible to attend. Students who are not members of the class, including those of chaperones and faculty members, are not eligible to attend. Chaperones are expected to ride the bus when chaperoning field trips. Should there be a fee attached to any field trip, teachers will consult board policy for field trip costs.