Our student support services team compiled a list of resources to help support families during the pandemic. If you need additional assistance, please contact your school's counselor, social worker or family outreach worker.
Richfield Health Resource Center (RHRC)
- The RHRC clinic will remain open on Wednesdays from 1-5 p.m. Patients with flu-like symptoms will not be seen at the clinic. Patients are required to wear a mask and practice social distancing. No appointment is necessary. The RHRC is located in room 186 at Richfield High School. Services are free and open to all youth, from birth through high school graduation, who live in or go to school in Richfield.
- Telehealth services will also be available in a limited capacity. Students and families can call the clinic at 612-798-6020 and leave a message with their health needs or questions. Telehealth requests will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
Children’s Dental Services (CDS)
- CDS will be on-site at the RHRC on the third Thursday of every month providing dental care on a sliding scale. All youth under age 27 and pregnant women of any age are eligible. Patients can call 612-746-1530 to schedule an appointment.
- Free health insurance application assistance and insurance navigation appointments are available via phone from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 651-489-2273 to schedule an appointment.
Child Care Resources
- Provides information on local child care options for families.
- Online search tool
- Statewide Hotline: 888-291-9811
YMCA Childcare Options
Minnesota Information on COVID-19 Child Care Options
- State of Minnesota COVID-19 Resources
- Scroll down to the section titled “Are you a Parent or Guardian in Need of Child Care?”
- For child care options, scroll down to the bottom of the page and filter the options by county, city or provider type.
Tier 1 Instructional Support Child Care through Richfield Community Education
Children's Defense Fund
- Families in need of financial assistance should use Children’s Defense Fund-Minnesota’s Bridge to Benefits screening tool to determine child care financial support for which they may be eligible. You are also encouraged to apply for child care assistance.
- For information on paying for child care, visit their website or call Hennepin County for more information on how to qualify or apply: 612-348-5937.