RDLS is a free Spanish dual-language immersion magnet school. This dual-language program allows students to become bilingual and bicultural while mastering Spanish and English. Spanish is spoken 90 percent of the instructional day in pre-kindergarten, kindergarten and first-grade classrooms. Newly enrolled students are not required to have a previous background in Spanish. Things you should know about RDLS:
- RDLS students wear uniforms.
- The highly-qualified and fully bilingual staff have diverse cultural and language backgrounds.
- Students receive a rich cultural education through special school programming.
- After school activities include Future Problem Solvers and targeted services.
- A warm, welcoming community extends genuine care and support to each child and family.
- Fun Club is a non-profit organization that provides school-age child care before and after school in the Richfield Public Schools, including here at RDLS!
- Wood Lake Nature Center has professionally-trained naturalists who lead year-round programs for children and adults of all abilities (ages 4 and up). We collaborate with Wood Lake Nature Center and our students participate in these programs. We also support the fundraising efforts of Wood Lake Nature Center through their annual summer marathon.
- We partner with The Sheridan Story to fight hunger in our community by filling the gaps to food access that children can face during weekends, summers and extended breaks.